So after releasing the iOS 6.1.6 and iOS 7.0.6 to fix the SSL issue, Apple have just released the 10.9.2 update for Mavericks, which also fixes the same issue with Mavericks.
If you are running Mavericks, we strongly suggest you run your software update and patch your system. If you are running earlier versions of OS X then you are not affected.
As well as fixing the SSL bug, the 10.9.2 update also adds the following goodies:
- Adds the ability to make and receive FaceTime audio calls
- Adds call waiting support for FaceTime audio and video calls
- Adds the ability to block incoming iMessages from individual senders
- Improves the accuracy of unread counts in Mail
- Resolves an issue that prevented Mail from receiving new messages from certain providers
- Improves AutoFill compatibility in Safari
- Fixes an issue that may cause audio distortion on certain Macs
- Improves reliability when connecting to a file server using SMB2
- Fixes an issue that may cause VPN connections to disconnect
- Improves VoiceOver navigation in Mail and Finder