If you’re being stalked or pranked over iMessage or FaceTime, you can block that contact and prevent them from bothering you ever again.
It’s simple, it’s easy, and it’s oh-so-gratifying. If there’s an especially annoying someone you’ve been waiting to ignore, here’s how to do it!
With the OS X Mavericks 10.9.2 update, amongst the bug and security fixes, Apple also introduced a feature that had been missing for iMessage users on the Mac – the ability to block individual contacts within the Messages and FaceTime app.
Block your Messages Contacts in Mavericks:
1. Go your Message app and select preferences and click blocked
2. Click on the plus icon
3. Select the contact you wish to block
4. Your contact will be successfully blocked from sending you future messages
Block your FaceTime Contacts in Mavericks:
1. Open FaceTime and go to preferences, at the bottom of this pane, select “blocked”
2. Now select the plus icon
3. Choose the contact you want to block
4. Your blocked contact will now appear in your blocked contacts panel