The recently released Mac OS X 10.7.3 update finally added some functionality to the Web Server, is this a sign that Apple is listening to the masses?
Now we have some of the functionality back that we had in 10.6 server, for me the only thing that is missing is the ability to turn
the Modules on and off without having to go through terminal and modifying the config files!
Apple specified the following capabilities about the web pane in the 10.7.3 Server release notes:
- enable .htaccess overrides
- edit web sites’ domain names
- map multiple domains into a single web site
- configure redirects and aliases
- specify custom index files
- choose SSL certificates for individual websites
by Hugo Costa